Monday, March 3, 2014
Kyrie's Birth story!
On February 6th at 8 pm we showed up at Salt Lake Regional Hospital to be induced. We got checked into our room and I got dressed into the hospital gown. The nurse and student nurse came in to take some blood and to start my IV with fluids. The student nurse starting taking some blood to run tests for my high blood pressure and it started gushing all over the bed and then a few seconds later she said that I ran out of blood. I looked at the bed thinking to myself "I wonder why I ran out of blood its all over the bed" she told Colton to go get the nurse. So the nurse came in and they ended up getting the rest of the blood out of my other hand and starting the fluids. I LOVED that nurse she was so awesome. So they gave me this pill that dissolved in my mouth at about 10 ish then again at 2 ish.
At 2:30 I got my epidural and the guy that did it seemed like he didn't know what he was doing he poked me twice. I then went back to sleep for a few hours then they started the pitocin at about 6 AM and I was at a 2. They bumped up the pitocin to 6. When my family came in they noticed that I was moving my feet around and I was in pain and kept pushing my button and I didn't feel like it was helping at all. The nurse My Dr came in at 8 and broke my water. While she was in there she noticed that I was having a lot of drainage on my back and it was all over the pillow. They checked the epidural and it was only in a 1/2 inch so they called the lady to come redo it. I had fluid in my back so she had a hard time poking me in the right spot. They checked me at 1100 and I was at a 6! So I was moving right along. I was throwing up all the juice that they gave me and it was miserable so they gave me some nausea medicine to help with me throwing up every few minutes. But that medicine did not help at all I just kept throwing up.
A few hours after my water was broke they had to turn down the pitocin since I started having contractions on my own. So they had to give me a different nausea medicine since the last one wasn't working and I was still throwing up several times. So after they gave me the other medicine I felt so tired and out of it. I immediately fell asleep. I dont remember anything that happened after I fell asleep but apparently when I was asleep my blood pressure was dropping and the nurse kept coming in asking me if I was dizzy,hot,or nauseated and I kept telling them no. The machine kept beeping because of my blood pressure. I woke up at about 1:30 and my body was shivering but I wasn't cold. I couldn't stop shaking. They kept saying it was from the nausea medicine that they gave me.
So my dr came in at about 1:30 and checked me and she said I was at a 9.5. She gave me the option of starting to push now and push for 2 hours or to wait about a 1 to 2 hours and start pushing then and only push for 30 minutes. She wanted to wait for her head to be lower before we start pushing. So I just laid there and I decided that maybe I will take a nap since that medicine really made me tired still. So I laid on my side and then all of sudden I had a lot of pressure then I thought to myself I better not go to sleep I have pressure. So I told Colton that I had pressure and to go tell the nurse and he looked at me and said you really do? He happened to just started a book.. haha oops! So he went and told the nurse and she said "we don't normally check again after they have pressure for another hour" Ya that didn't make me so happy! So they came in at about 2 ish and checked and said oh ya she is ready!! So they went and called the dr and we did 2-3 pushes waiting for the dr to come up. Then they told me to stop and to wait for the dr so when she walked in we started pushing again and I only pushed for about 30 minutes and she was out! The first thing they said was oh lots of hair then they said oh she is soo long! She didn't cry very long. They immediately put her on my chest and she was so warm. As soon as she heard my voice and colton's she stopped crying. She was born at 2:48 on February 7th at 7 pounds and 8 ounces and 20 inches long. She was soo perfect and we love her so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment